Monday, March 17, 2014

Creative Coloring

Hi!

Monday is winding down and I finally have a card to share for our day 7 lesson from earlier today in the CAS 3 class. It is definitely more difficult to do my homework when I'm not in my craft room all day. But I must say it was so nice to work among all the beautiful, spring flowers today, especially since our weather has once again turned quite cold. We're even suppose to get some snow tomorrow! What?!! I wish I had Mother Nature's phone number. I'd call her up and give her a piece of my mind!

Okay, enough about our crappy weather and onto my card.

Kristina Werner shared a neat technique with really pretty results for our "Creative Coloring" lesson today. She created her card using a large die-cut sentiment. I decided to use a die-cut image instead.


I die-cut the Clustered Leaves Die from the white cardstock and then adhered it onto a vellum panel, which I had colored by swiping it with different colors of Copic Markers.

The Copics on vellum give such a soft look and I thought the Simon Says Stamp Sentiment from their Inside and Out Sayings set was perfect.

Thanks for stopping by! ♥

32 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty. Excellent use of the technique.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful, Bard. Fantastic take on the technique.

stampingandstitching said...

This is such a gorgeous card, Barb! Great design and I love the beautiful results of this technique! Ugh to even more snow - I'm sure you've had enough of it at this stage. Hopefully the weather will improve there very soon:)

Dawn T said...

This has to be my favourite yet Barb. It is stunning. Love the colours and die you chose.

joy said...

Just beautiful, Barb! Love the pretty colors behind the die cut leaves.

Lynn said...

Snow, snow, go away! I love the spectrum of colors on your vellum...stunning and oh so cheery!

Pia Larsen said...

Sooo absolutely pretty!!

Pam W Merwin said...

Loving the colors you chose behind the die :)

Lin said...

A perfect interpretation, especially in light of your "crappy weather"! The sentiment, too - I can notice little changes, even though it doesn't look like spring is coming, it is - hang in there!

Laura Norris said...

Love this Barb! Great use of the technique from class! Keeping my fingers crossed for spring for you.

Sue Ellen Sherer said...

What a stunning card...beautiful!

Betty said...

great card Barb - love how you designed it!

Karen L K said...

Very nice! It looks very pretty.

LauraJane:) said...

LOVELY!!

Barb Ghig said...

WOW! I love the gradation in colors on your leaves, Barb...this card is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Luckysmom said...

This is so pretty with the die you used. Love the colors. A happy card.

CinnamonSally said...

Oh WOW this is gorgeous Barb!

Allyson said...

I love your choice of die. It works really well with this technique. Great card.

Sarah G said...

Love this, Barb! The die cut is perfect for this technique - such a great design!

Tracey McNeely said...

I just love this, great job. I am behind all the sudden.

Susanne Vargas said...

This is so beautiful! Love the rainbow on vellum, it does make it look softer! I will have to remember that!

Robin K. said...

Gorgeous result!

Unknown said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. Love that you used an image instead of a word. Your coloring in the background looks so good. I still have to give this a go.

Unknown said...

This right her is just flat out gorgeous rainbow-ness!

Cindy C. said...

It's delightful!!

donna mikasa said...

Simple and GENIUS to use the large leaf die. Love the rainbow hues!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the die you used - beautiful rainbow of color!

StephInOK said...

This card is absolutely stunning! It really stands out in the gallery!

Sharon Underwood said...

Congrats on the shout-out in class! Your card is fantastic!

Carol said...

Gorgeous card, Barb! A well deserved shout out in C&S3. Kudos!

Virginia L. said...

Thought I commented on this card already...glad I see it again! Love the gorgeous colors from the vellum and copics, Barb! Excellent work! Congrats on the CAS Online Class #3 shout out! Yay!

Marion said...

This is gorgeous Barb! I so love that leaf die :)